5 Mins Reading Time
- 1 Want To Make An Extra $100 A Month? Become A Mystery Shopper!
- 2 Subscribe to get the free Money Master Course!
- 3 You have Successfully Subscribed!
Want To Make An Extra $100 A Month? Become A Mystery Shopper!
Mystery Shopping; getting paid to shop! Seriously! Also known as a secret shopping, working as a mystery shopper is a super flexible way to make an extra $100 a month.
Many businesses hire a mystery shopping company to evaluate their services. While every mystery shop assignment is a bit different, most assignments will require you to complete your shop on a specific day and time.
There are mystery shoppers for lots of different things including;
- Electronic stores (such as Best Buy)
- Retails stores
- Car dealerships
- Movie theatres and much more!
Mystery shopping is great because it’s super flexible so you can make extra income, on your own time.
During the application process companies might set you a simple test. This could be an assessment of your grammar and spelling or a small task. You will be required to give your home, phone and full contact details.
If you find that you cannot complete a task that you’ve sign up for, all you usually do is contact your scheduler and say you need cancel to try to reschedule, but try not to do this too often as this will be remembered. Some companies may remove you from their list of shoppers after just one failed shop.
Some mystery shop assignments can also be carried out at home, such as ones involving checking out how user-friendly a website is, or making a call to customer service making notes about how an enquiry is handled.
To be successful in mystery shopping it’s best to apply to lots of mystery shopping companies to increase your chance of getting regular gigs. If you’re totally new to mystery shopping, Bestmark and Volition.com are a good place to start.
Companies vary both in their payment rates and the speed of payment, some paying the following week whilst others might take a month or two. Usually, you’ll receive payment for secret shopper jobs via direct deposit, check, PayPal or gift card.
While mystery shopping won’t make you rich, it’s definitely possible to make $100 extra month and/or receive freebies while doing something that is actually quite fun!
Additional Content for Extra Money:
- Work From Home Jobs To Make One Thousand A Month Or More
- Dozens of Ways To Make Extra Money
- How To Get Free Amazon Gift Cards
- Make Extra Money For The Holidays
- Blogging For Extra Money
- Make Money Playing Games
- Get Paid Doing Online Surveys
- Tips and Tricks For Starting A Business
- Make Extra Money With A Shopify Store
- Start a Freelance Writing Career For Money
- If You Need Weekend Cash, Read This
What is your experience being a mystery shopper?